Wednesday, May 9, 2012

GIRO EXCLUSIVE: Modolo: Look out for Pozzovivo!

Modolo hopes to repeat his stage win
from Tour of Turkey in the Giro d'Italia.
Sacha Modolo got hold up by both crashes on stage two and three in this year's Giro d'Italia, but the Italian sprinter still keeps his good spirit.

"I finished Tour of Turkey in a very good way and I have high hopes for this Giro. I see a total of 7 stages that should end with a mass sprint so I still have my chances. I hope to raise my arms as winner of one of the remaining stages".

Today is the day of the team time trial and if the Colnago team can manage to minimize their time loss, Sacha Modolo believes that team leader Domenico Pozzovivo will be a man to fear in the overall classification.

"My favorite for the overall win is Michele Scarponi, but I hope that Pozzovivo will end on the podium. If he does well in the time trials we can expect him do to great things in this Giro!".

No comments:

Post a Comment